- GoI shall formulate detailed implementation guidelines for rapid and effective adoption of the policy.
- Government organisations shall publish the APIs so that the public can access relevant information and data from e-Governance applications and systems.
- Government organisations shall publish the APIs for integrating with their e-Governance applications and systems.
- Government organisations shall integrate with the e-Governance applications and systems of other departments through the messaging gateway built on open standards by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
- Government organisations shall ensure compliance with notified GoI standards for developing APIs.
- GoI shall constitute an Implementation Committee for facilitating the implementation of this policy and its provisions thereof.
- GoI shall establish suitable support mechanism to facilitate API management.
- All Government organizations, while implementing e-Governance applications and systems, must include a specific requirement in the Request for Proposal (RFP) to publish the APIs to public and other Government organizations.